Think. Compose. Expose.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

When Photographers Should Move


This may be one of the most memorable photos I've ever taken, not because it's a great shot, but because its lasting impact on me - literally. I was so focused on the shot I was trying to get, I hardly noticed the foul ball coming right toward me. I was standing in the photographer's section right near first base when a line-drive foul ball hit my left leg. I was shooting with a 300 2.8 lens on a monopod and just didn't react in time. It hurt for a while, but at least it gave my department something to laugh about.

- Kaylin

2 comments:

Sarabeth said...

I keep a photo that I took while on the yearbook staff in high school for the exact same reason. I was so focused on getting a good shot that I got tackled.

thedocwat said...

ouch! hope you recovered! third base at softball is just as bad... especially at the UVA park -- shooting = dodgeball. good post and excellent point/advice. :-)