Think. Compose. Expose.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Momma Always Said.....

"If you are by the pool you are going to get wet." My mother would tell this to my sister while she was standing near the pool getting splashed by me.

Sunday was one of those days. Sunday was the last of the Charlottesville Triathlon series and it started at 7:30am. I wanted to get there in time to convince race officials and lifeguards that I needed to be on a boat up close to the action. I woke up at 5:30am. Maneuvering a canoe, trying not to hit racers, and most importantly trying to make pictures is very difficult. I got one frame I kinda liked.
After all that, there was still the foot and bicycle portions to photograph. Some of those photos were published in Monday's Progress. Then it was back to the paper at 10am to edit, then home for a nap at noon. Next up was the Sunset Regatta at 5:30pm. This was an absolute bast. Keith was nice enough to let me shoot from a chase boat. I got soaked. My gear got soaked (it survived). It was great. Enjoy!


-Matt

No comments: