Think. Compose. Expose.

Friday, August 10, 2007

I love posting...for the 1st time


I'm told I have to get this thing going so here goes. Here's an image taken from the bridge over the James River heading south from Scottsville. I was looking for a warm weather feature driving aimlessly on HWY 20 when I spotted two Kayakers paddling down the James. I quickly parked my car grabbed, my 70-200mm lens and sprinted to the middle of the bridge. Using a Canon Mark II and Shutter Priority (adjusted while running), there was enough time to get off 5 frames before they disappeared under the bridge. Shooting straight down and framing the two kayakers in one frame made for a dramatic photo. Perspective is everything. Being able to sprint long distances has its advantages as well. -Andrew

1 comment:

emory said...

dear photogs- hope you will do wonderful things with the blog.
Please, don't edit too tightly, not just the "best of" but everyday work product, lots of content.