Think. Compose. Expose.

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Cool Opportunities


One thing I absolutely love about being a photographer is getting to experience some pretty neat things that I might not otherwise get to do. Mom calls me about every other day asking how work is, do I still like Charlottesville, have I done anything cool, etc. My responses never cease to amaze her. Next time Mom calls, I will tell her that I got to fly in a 1942 WACO open cockpit biplane. She always jokingly ends the conversation with, "just wait until you get a real job...".

Today, I was photographing the Air Show in Louisa, Virginia and had a chance to go up in the air with 9-year-old Samantha Kern. I took a wide angle lens and shot as much as I could during the 15 to 20 minutes we were in the air. The pilot did a wing over twice, which allowed me to get some great shots of Samantha with the wing of the plane and an awesome landscape view in the background. Being in the air like that was an amazing feeling. I would definitely have to say this is one of the perks to being a photographer!
-Kaylin

No comments: