Think. Compose. Expose.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Fisheye View





I recently photographed four hot air balloons taking flight from a field in front of Piedmont Community College. Upon my arrival I realized I had never seen these flying machines up close. In a matter of 30 minutes the balloons had taken shape forming massive balls of color with small baskets that looked like tiny picnic baskets attached to birthday balloon. They were huge, probably 3-4 stories. It was then that I realized my regular wide angle lens was not going to work. I went back to my car to retrieve my 15mm fisheye lens which rarely comes out of the bag. One by one the balloons began lifting in the air. It was amazing to see these mammoth balls of hot air lift almost effortlessly into the blue sky. All on board cheered their successful departure and away they went. Just another day living the life of a photographer.-Andrew

No comments: